-

F1 TS HUB

Race the dream, live the dream

Forum

Forum Home > R6: United States, Austin > R6: Race Reports

Nick
Site Owner

RACE REPORTS

After each Race Night we encourage all drivers to complete their Race Reports. We use these reports to summerize what happened in the race for our Press Room Headlines & also for our Tracks Database.

Qualifying: Where did you qualify & tell us about your session

Race: Where did you finish & tell us about your race?

Video Highlights: Please provide links to any Video Highlights. Please note you can also add your highlights to your own F1 Ts Hub Channel on the Video Hub page.

--

March 23, 2018 at 11:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Theboogster711

Quali: P3

Really happy with my lap. Didn't know I could do such a fast lap. I did my PB when I needed it the most.

Race: P2

Got a great start, thanks to that I overtook wommeh. And that was the race really xD. Finished P2. think this was the most boring race I have ever raced. It wasn't easy tho as Usa in the rain is not the easiest job. 

Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzJGZ-JEBbc&t

Overall: 

What I love about the pinnacle tier is the respect between us at track. (maybe I'm speaking from my view) But if you compare it to the prestige tier f.e, it's so much better. So thanks for that.

Sounds like Kevv isn't coming back in a while to race with me. So we don't really know what to do atm. Right now I'm getting the points to keep us both in 2nd place in the constructors. But yeah, It would be nice to have a teammate that could help me. See you all next week in the premium race. Looking forward to it, especially to race Nick as I heard he will be racing ;-)

--

June 8, 2018 at 8:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alediaz

Qualifying: P1
Race: P1

G R A N D   C H E L E M

- Pole Position
- Race Win while leading every lap &
- Fastest Lap

and on top of that, no penalties (my mom should watch more races haha)

Mega happy to bounce back like that after a difficult weekend last time in Australia. Straight after the race in Melbourne I had no idea why I struggled but I talked to the team and we eventually found the issue and fixed it. We were confident going into the race but at the same time not 100% that it wouldn't happen again. But in both quali and race the car felt fantastic, I felt super comfortable out there in all conditions.

And I can only agree with Boogster in terms of respect on track. I had great fair hard battles last week in Australia in the midfield and even yesterday in those tricky wet conditions it was a super clean start from our tier from what I saw.

June 9, 2018 at 5:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

stifler1000
Q: P4 really happy with this lap behind the big three R: matt overtook me at the start because i left the door open on the inside. After this i was chasing him for p4 when suddenly my logitech g29 brake pedal stock in turn 1. I was just standing there for 10seconds and the car was just braking and I couldn t move. I continued on p10 and luckily I found the perfect time to stop to dry tryres and could finish the race on p5. Had a good battle with sam at the end. So finally I scored my first points and I m happy :) A
June 9, 2018 at 6:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

techno-thriller

Qualy: P9

I checked the weather before I went out and no rain was predicted so I took it cautiously on the first lap. To my surprise rain started falling and I could not improve further.

Race: P12

Had a decent start however lost two positions avoiding the carnage. I hit the back of VSR_Brady because his car lagged backwards in the braking zone. Decided to try and undercut the midfield as I had seen FormulaDani do so in AOR PC. It would have worked because I came out 7 seconds seconds in front of Tempfear and MLA, had I not broken my wing a second time. After that I focused on not getting penalties to see if I can make up any positions. I made up two but not enough for the points today. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKiyWCyaYR8

June 9, 2018 at 12:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Greenfin75

Q: P15

Started my warm up lap, had a nice gap to driver in front. I usually have a gap to the guy in front so i can go max attack as they do in IRL. I was hit by someone in rear who also was on warm up lap so i hit the wall with DNF.

Race: P12  

Had a ok start gained 3-4 places. when the SC glitches started i had hopes for top 5 but got drive through penalty under SC cos of wrong delta speed - Feel stupid that i didn´t notice my speed

June 9, 2018 at 1:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mat
Qualifying: I spun into the sĀ?es so I needed to start P16 Race: had a great start, made up 8-9 places until alen didnĀ?t let any room and spun me out
June 9, 2018 at 1:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Nick
Site Owner

ON BEHALF OF JULIANR2012

Qualifying: P7

Really not the result I wanted but it was my fault by exiting the pits so late that the rain caught me in sector 3. In terms of my pace the second row would have been possible but there is no conjunctive in motorsports.

Race: P6

The first lap kind of ruined my race but the only person that I can blame is myself. After a solid first sector I ran into the back of blackmamba into the hairpin and lost a part of my wing. Especially USA is the track where it hurts you most and that’s what I felt the next laps. After getting overtaken by Nowek and Brady I witnessed the threeway battle between them and Sean. It looked like some carnage would be coming up in lap 7 so I decided to go for an aggressive pit stop onto the softs and a wing change on this lap. From that moment I had to save tyres till the end which I luckily managed to do with ~80%. After the pit stops I was at P5 but got overtaken by Nowek and Brady again on their

supersoft tyres. Finally with me getting no penalties I regained P6 from Brady which is still quite good by looking at the circumstances.

With a better qualifying I could have been around blackmamba whose lap times I could match on the soft tyres but oh well I can’t change it and I’ll bounce back next week.

--

June 9, 2018 at 4:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sean
Only highlight for me was quali, was decent could be faster but still good. The race is just SHIT, absolute shit. Front wing damage already plus the amount of divebombs on the first lap in t1 is just ridiculious. Its 28 laps calm the fuck down. With the broken fw it was difficult to keep up. I want to apologise to mali for the incident with me. I wanted to go more left to defend in t18 bit i went too far and took you out, sorry about that. Im more beginning to feel that the prestige Tier is more like a open lobby with the ridiculious Divebombs of some people. Even the Pinnacle Tier is much cleaner right now then prestige. Thats says a lot for me. Thats how i see it . Good sunday👋
June 10, 2018 at 3:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Odemdemz98

On Behalf of Jorrit

Podium tier

Qualifying: Where did you qualify & tell us about your session

- P2, did a verry good banker lap, second run without pressure but could't make it true. Thanks to the good banker lap I placed myself again at the first row just like last week.

Race: Where did you finish & tell us about your race?

- P6, To bad that the safety car glitch was active again in this race. I pitted first of everybody and placed some SS tyres on to make the stint so long as i could. When i just exit the pit, the safety car came out and lost some time comparing to the rest that now can go pit under safety car and gain some advantage. Then SC 2 came out while I was P1 and i didn't now that the safety car glitch was on and thought it was a genuine SC -> i pitted for S tyres and thats the point I got screwed. After the other 2 SC i realised that my second pit stop wasnt needed and could stay out in P1. at Lap 25 i was quicker then Lukey but he did everythinh to not let my pass by drving his car into mine for several times and pushed me wide. Lap 26 i spun and got wing damage. A disappointent P6.

Video Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4plHKyZebVg

--

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEG6HcUUCyyFR9dQVwYsItA

June 10, 2018 at 5:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Odemdemz98

Theboogster711 at June 8, 2018 at 8:25 PM

Quali: P3

Really happy with my lap. Didn't know I could do such a fast lap. I did my PB when I needed it the most.

Race: P2

Got a great start, thanks to that I overtook wommeh. And that was the race really xD. Finished P2. think this was the most boring race I have ever raced. It wasn't easy tho as Usa in the rain is not the easiest job. 

Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzJGZ-JEBbc&t

Overall: 

What I love about the pinnacle tier is the respect between us at track. (maybe I'm speaking from my view) But if you compare it to the prestige tier f.e, it's so much better. So thanks for that.

Sounds like Kevv isn't coming back in a while to race with me. So we don't really know what to do atm. Right now I'm getting the points to keep us both in 2nd place in the constructors. But yeah, It would be nice to have a teammate that could help me. See you all next week in the premium race. Looking forward to it, especially to race Nick as I heard he will be racing ;-)

Podium Tier is 10x worse then the Prestige tier in terms of respect given tbh. 

--

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEG6HcUUCyyFR9dQVwYsItA

June 10, 2018 at 5:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kevv1990

ON BEHALF OF WHITEAGLE:

Qualifying:P11

Happy with the time i put in not really sure i could of gone any faster.

Race:P10

I felt my race went pretty smooth my highest position at one point was P8 but after driver errors ,safety car restarts and the occasional corner cut by myself i lost places,I managed to damage my front wing with 2 laps to go and so lost a lot of turning ability in the corners however all in all i enjoyed my race and happy to take the final point.

Video highlights:

Qualifying & Full Race - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xT1NB54KB8&t=2804s

June 13, 2018 at 12:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TempFear
Q: 13th Screwed up my first lap and then conditions got worse so improvement was next to possible. Race: 13th Must have really been my unlucky day (again) since I was 13th for both. Had a good start getting up to 8th but then got damage as I effectively got brake checked mid corner and then just got shoved off the track continuously as that seems to be the way people overtake at the moment. So the same as my other race reports should've been better but I've been screwed over and there isn't anything I can do about it right now. Footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EpdbJP6444
June 13, 2018 at 2:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CloudyBalloons

Qualifying: We only managed P7. Very disappointed. Nothing more to say.

Race: We knew we had a stronger result in the bag than P7. We tried a two stop as we thought the rain would continue longer and we'd get a huge undercut on everybody else and possibly even take a podium position. Unfortunately, the rain dried up maybe 3 or 4 laps too early, and we lost out. It was strong to see we were able to climb up the field on a two stop back to P7, but there was definetly more possible.

June 21, 2018 at 12:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.